The world is shrinking and the practice of law is growing across borders. In this global marketplace, law firms of all sizes must wrestle with business and cultural considerations raised by both international clients and new brick-and-mortar locations. Traditionally, law firm marketers were seen as implementers of a firm’s international marketing strategy, but today’s sophisticated legal marketing professional is increasingly having a say in developing global strategy, pricing, product development, as well as implementation. In this timely program, learn about the evolving role of the international law firm marketer and how you can position yourself to succeed.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Overcoming cultural challenges inherent in overseas expansion including brand governance, centralized vs. decentralized approaches, firm messaging, and the varying effectiveness of traditional/digital content delivery platforms;
- Best practices for cross-selling across geographies;
- Preparing attorneys for cultural differences and sensitivities; and
- The use of both big and internal data in international expansion — understanding the applications, challenges and opportunities.
- Robert J. (Bob) Robertson (Moderator), Director of Strategic Business Development, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, LLP
- David J. McClune, Chief Marketing Officer, Business Development, Marketing & Communications, Shearman & Sterling
- Joanne Southern, CMO, Proskauer
- Robert Robertson, Director of Strategic Business Development, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
- David J. McClune, Chief Marketing Officer, Business Development, Marketing & Communications, Sherman & Sterling
Other panelists and the venue will be announced soon on the NYLMA website and in chapter email.
Janet Odgis is the President and Creative Director of Odgis + Co. design firm. Todd Drucker is Senior Practice Development Manager at JAMS.